I read this prayer this morning in a daily prayer book I have been using called Daily Prayers by Scotty Smith. It is a great summary of how to pray for us as we serve here in Tokyo.
"Jesus, for missionaries seeking to bring the gospel to unreached people groups or in situations long resistant to the Good News of who you are, open doors no one can shut. You've bought a bride from every nation, so we pray with anticipation, not with doubt. Give your servants patience, provision, and enough fruit to keep them encouraged. May the gospel be clear not only through them but to them. Keep their hearts alive to your great affection and mercies. Shower their marriages and friendships with the gift of your real presence and gospel nourishment. Jesus, for your servants seeking to bring the liberating power of the gospel to places of systemic brokenness and evil, grant them protection and success….. When your servants feel most weary in doing good, give them fresh manna of gospel encouragement….Grant them good working relationships with other agencies and missions organizations. Let them know for certain that a harvest of righteousness and peace is coming. Indeed, we praise you Jesus, that our labors in you are never in vain, for we don't minister for you but with you. You are the one who is making all things right and new. Your kingdom of justice and mercy will prevail. The government of the world is already on your shoulders, and there will be no end to the increase of your redeeming reign and your healing peace. We pray in your name, with hope and encouragement. Amen."
By the way, you can also read many of these kind of Daily Prayers on his Heavenward blog. I highly commend it to you as they have been a refreshing me in prayer, helping to change my heart away from sin and more towards his goodness and grace. They have helped Lisa and I to meditate on the Scriptures, prayer, and His grace for the last couple years in a powerful way. Thank you for praying for us and I hope this helps you as it helps me, too.
"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful and thankful in it with thanksgiving. At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ……that I may make it clear, which is how I ought to speak." (Colossians 4:2-4)