As I (Lisa) walked Naomi to her first day back at kindergarten, it made my heart glad to see friends that I missed while away. After packing the 123,647,455 school supplies needed for Naomi's education, I was acutely reminded of the differences between our laid-back America time & the re-entry of routine and vegetables. Our time away made me "softer" than I realized!
In an attempt to defeat jet lag, we're trying to jump back into a "normal schedule", and rest along the way as needed. Here are a few prayer requests for our family for the month of October:
1.) Sean is heading to the neighborhood college campus today for lunch with a student, for the purpose of getting to know him better & planning a monthly college gathering at our house. Please pray for God to send the spiritually thirsty to us through Sean's time at the university in the coming months.
2.) Because we've completed 2 years of full-time language study, Sean is joining full-time staff at Grace Harbor Church. Please pray for Sean as he adjusts to full-time ministry work here, and for us to have wisdom as we craft our family schedule. (We will both continue to take a language class once a week!)
3.) Lisa will continue to to lead a women's Bible Study twice a month. Pray that the Spirit will continue to penetrate hearts as we open His word. Typically, 5-10 friends come who are exploring Christianity for the first time in their lives.
Here is our little 4K girl enjoying the swing at Cornerstone PCA, St. Louis, MO.
(I'm pretty sure her Grandma will have a fit about the hair in her face--sorry Mom!)
