Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What do we do all day?


So glad you asked...

We spend our mornings in lots of different ways.  Taking the kids to parks, chatting with locals, doing cultural studies (and writing short papers about them...), catching up on laundry, and grocery shopping are just a few ways we've filled our time.

In the afternoon we head from our Brooklyn home up to Queens for "school".  The kids attend classes which they LOVE!  They are able to hang out with other missionary kids their age, make crafts, watch movies, wrestle their teachers, and eat snacks.  What's not to love about a school like that???

Sean and I have learned so much in our class time.  We've covered so many topics on culture, starting new churches, and learning new languages.  We've also spent time talking about the importance of emotional health and nurturing our spiritual lives.

I (Lisa) love these class times because it allows me to interact with others who are preparing for missionary life.  God is calling some amazing people to overseas ministry!  I often wish that I could take all of them with me to Tokyo!