Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hope for the Japanese mind


This image appeared in the Japan times last week. I found it fascinating. It is meant to display the Japanese mind today - full of things like the fluctuating stock market, value of the yen, a new prime minister, potential military conflict, elderly care, Fukushima nuclear crisis effects, etc. We pray that in the uncertainties of life, the Japanese community would find their hope and trust in the love of Jesus Christ. He gives real security to all of creation as we live in relationship to him. We long to bring this secure hope to the Japanese community in the gospel of Jesus Christ! This reminds me of one of my favorite passages in the bible, written while in pain and uncertainty, Lamentations 3:20 -24...

This I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: 
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end. 
They are new every morning;
Great is your faithfulness.
"the Lord is my portion," says my soul
"therefore I will hope in him.